Something borrowed: Chapter 1, Onada's review

Intro
So we have rachel who's about to turn 30. She's not too excited because her best friend, Darcy has it all, the fiance, the nice ring, the cool job. She has a great job that she hates, she though she would be married by now but here she is turning 30 feeling not to great about it and her best friend is stealing her shine at her party by dancing on the bar......

Kinda depressing in my opinion. Is turning 30 really that bad? She's got a great job as a lawyer as in geezz she's probably making a good amount... but then again. Money isnt everything right?

So party ends, best friend leaves, rachel ends up hanging out with best friends fiance. Best friend left because she got too drunk and started embarassing herself. Fiance stays behind at the party.....

why? why didnt he leave?

Rachel and best friends fiance end up leaving after having a bit too much to drink and end up having sex !!!!

Talk about drama in the first chapter!! As in i was stumped. i almost didnt feel like reading the book anymore. How could she have slept with her best friends fiance ?? As in i thought about me. what would i do if i slept with my best friends fiance - this would never happen but just imagine. thats it. Book should be over LOL.

What kills it for me now is that she has feelings for the fiance, Dex....... what is wrong with this girl??
what do you guys think? I'm annoyed. I hate rachel now and she's the main character. I hope this doesnt kill it for me

2 comments:

When I read that, I thought that was an unforgivable act... I still think it is but the author tries to justify her actions.... keep on reading.

2:46 AM  

i havent read the book...spoiler

11:13 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home