Something borrowed! - finished

So I finally finished reading this book...…I don’t think will be buying the sequel I had a good enough dose already.

So Rachel sleeps with Dex her best friend’s fiancé…..as if that is not enough she catches feelings and starts having a secret affair. All the while her best friend Darcy is oblivious of the whole thing and the Dex is playing along telling Rachel he can’t live without her blah blah….gosh talk about scary.


This book freaked me out – is this what human beings can do? that a girl can sleep or be sleeping with her best friends fiancé and not feel guilty in the least!....

Ok so….. they carry on with their secret affair only for Darcy to confess that she was having an affair and is now pregnant…for a guy that Rachel was kinda sorta dating, this same guy happens to be good friends with Dex…..

talk about feeling sorry for best friend Darcy only to find out that she was doing her own undercover stunts. LOL…

and this best friend Darcy still has the nerve to freak out when she catches her fiancé Dex at Rachels house . All in all everyone ended up with who they wanted to be with……

I’m surprised there is no karma backlash here.. this happy ending is too good to be true. Moral of the story. Watch your man

2 comments:

Something Borrowed and Something Blue were ok books like I said before.

I don't think there was a lesson to be learned in this book. Maybe motivation for the wallflowers out there...

It was more about a quiet girl going for what she wanted and CONVENIENTLY having it easy cos her mean a** best friend decided to cheat on her man...

If you want me to summarise the second book for you, I will do so gladly.

4:52 PM  

may I suggest to you "Be Careful what you wish for" by Cheryl Faye...a tale of best friends...it starts of kinda slow though but a fantastic book...

4:25 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home