Book One

From the outside, Vicky Townsley would appear to have it all. Features Director of the hugely successful "Poise!" magazine, she lives alone in London, is single, solvent, and seriously successful. But she'd give it all up in a heartbeat for marriage, children, and a house in the country. Amber Winslow, on the other hand, has exactly what Vicky Townsley wants: a huge stone mansion in Highfield Connecticut, children and a busy charitable commitment for the local Women's League. But Amber isn't happy either. She hasn't found quite the fulfilment she had expected from being a full-time wife and mother, so when she spots a double page spread in "Poise!" magazine asking married readers to life swap with a glamorous, single journalist in London, she sits down and writes a letter. But she never expects to be picked..."Life Swap" is the story of what really happens when two women decide to walk in one another's shoes for one month. It's the story of the grass not being as green as you might think, and of discovering that happiness is not always where you expect it to be.
My Summary - This book has put me off Chick Lit for a long while. I know you guys must have heard about Wife Swap. This is a book based lightly on it and my main problem with this author sometimes is that she rushes the end of her books like her producer called her and said she had to submit the manuscript within 24 hours!!!!!
I bought this at the same time as Book Two so after I'm done with it... it's back to my very well read Robert Ludlums and strange books and comics for a long while. I had more than enough of nonsense, thank you very much!!!


Book Two
Synopsis - What if love was right there in front of you - you just couldn't see it? Elizabeth Egan is too busy for friends. As a reluctant mother to her sister Saoirse's young son, Luke and with her own business to run, every precious moment is made to count. But with Saoirse crashing in and out of their lives, leaving both her sister and her son reeling, Luke and Elizabeth are desperately in need of some magic. Enter Ivan. Wild, spontaneous and always looking for adventure, in no time at all Ivan has changed Elizabeth in ways she could never have imagined. But is Ivan too good to be true? Has Elizabeth opened her heart only to risk it being broken again? As for Ivan, he thought he was there to help Luke not Elizabeth - or himself!
My Summary, So Far - I bought this book cos I read this young woman's first two books - Where Rainbows End and PS I Love You. I am only on page 67. I think Ivan is an imaginary person, not a ghost but only certain people can see him. It's off to a good start, I'll see ...

2 comments:

Can I join the book club? Pwetty please?

8:26 AM  

@Olowo Ofcourse you can join... U seem tush enough... LOL!!

Seriously, Just send your email address to blog.bookclub@googlemail.com

8:42 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home