Ms May's Book Recommendations

What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day by Pearl Cleage

Ms May says: About a woman from Atlanta who is HIV positive and decides to return home to Michigan because Atlanta has become too small. I'm currently reading a couple of others by her so I'll let you know about those when I'm done. Pearl Cleage is the woman who wrote the poem for Oprah's Legends Ball called "We Speak Your Names". Great poem by the way.
Tori says: I really liked " What looks like Crazy.."the end was sorta anticlimatic for me, but it truly was a book from a very fresh very unapologetic perspective.


Chill Factor by Sandra Brown


Ms May Says: More on the Romance/Murder Mystery tip. I'm not into those type of books usually, but this was a good one. It grips you from the beginning and you end up rooting for the "supposed" bad guy along the way.






Young, Fabulous and Broke by Suze Orman



Ms May Says: A good one to read/own for 20 somethings.

2 comments:

I really liked " What looks like Crazy.."

the end was sorta anticlimatic for me, but it truly was a book from a very fresh very unapologetic perspective.

6:39 AM  

Young,Fabulous and Broke is a must read for all of us who are finally out of school and making our first taste of real money.

There is also another book called "Girl, Get Your Money Straight" by Glinda Bridgforth that I recommend. It is more about the psychology of bad spending but still a good tool.

10:13 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home