This is the final installment in the Harry Potter Series. I am aware quite a number of people haven't read this yet so I promise - NO SPOILERS.

A few years back, my cousin had the fourth Harry Potter Book (Goblet of Fire) lying around at home and I decided to read it because I was bored out of my mind!

I didn't expect anything exciting but once I started reading it, I just couldn't put it down - I finished it the same day. Shortly after, I went out to buy the first 3 books and I loved them ALL! I read the fourth book again and then anxiously awaited the 5th book(The Order of the Phoenix) - I must admit this book was a disappointment, it felt like a long long long drag and then a much loved (to Harry) character died and I must admit, I didn't feel anything... the book was just dry! That waste of space movie - Pirates of the Carribean II was the same, a waste of hours of my life jut to build up to the next book... I must admit the movie version of the 5th book was much better than the book but once again it wasn't completely true to the book... I digress.

Even though I didn't like the 5th book, I was on the queue at the Tesco near home to buy the 6th boook (Half Blood Prince) and it was much much better than that nonsense 5th book! It still wasn't as good as the 4th one(which is my favourite).

I just finished the 7th book and I must admit, the first 200/250 pages were not impressive but suddenly, out of nowhere... things picked up and I stayed up last night reading it.... I think the JK of the first 4 books came back in this book. I enjoyed it. She killed off some characters as expected but it was only 2 characters' deaths in this book that moved me...

The Harry Potter series was VERY GOOD! The first 4 were fantastic, the 5th - waste of space, 6th - Good, 7th - Very Good!

If you are lucky enough not to have read any of the books yet, I am jealous of you because you have a lot to look forward to.

Trust me - I am going to start with the books all over again, from The Philosopher's Stone all the way to the Deathly Hallows... in a couple of months.


Synopsis: The story of a teenage girl who, after being brutally raped and murdered, watches from heaven as her family and friends go on with their lives, while she herself comes to terms with her own death. The novel received a large amount of critical praise and became an instant bestseller.

I have mixed feelings about this book... sometimes I really loved, other times it felt like it was just okay. It's a really moving story about a girl who is murdered by a neighbour. From heaven, she gets to watch her friends and family and how they deal with her disappearance and death. She has a younger sister and little brother and she sees how her death affects her family. Her parent's relationship, her friends relationships, her father trying to find out who killed her... but she can't communicate with anyone... oops, I'll be back to write more, gotta run.

6 comments:

This is great stuff. Thanks for the thoughts on Harry Potter. Am planning to get the entire series soon. Hope I may not struggle with book 5 which seems to be everyones hatred.

2:09 AM  

I'm reading book 7 too. Its just heating up!

3:03 AM  

Ohhh...i finished book 7 in no time! I have to say though buki... i'll rate the books differently

First four... you're right fantastic.
Five... good. (i wouldn't go as far as waste of space)
Six... really good.
Sevent... BLOODY HELL FANTASTIC.

hehe. okay so maybe its not that different or maybe i'm just partial to Rowling.

Lovely bones is a doozy of a book. One of those things you HAVE to read simply because the concept is so fresh. Its one of my favorite books. : )

Recommendations: Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons & Love Walked in.

10:41 AM  

I see you have changed the look of your site. NICE!

4:02 AM  

No comment about Harry Potter, but Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold is a really good read.

4:44 PM  

Did you say You disgress!!!

9:37 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home